Saturday, October 10, 2009

Carron Simply Soft Eco Yarn


Save Our Planet One Stitch At A Time!
Here's a product for all you crafty kids out there...



Talk about putting waste to a better use! 'NatureSpun' is a high quality polyester fiber made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.

Just think! Now you can tie that quilt for your favorite charity and help lessen the burden on landfills at the same time! Make your favorite afghan, sweater or scarf and have a positive impact on our environment by using Simply Soft Eco Yarn.

So how much of an impact will you contribute? Check these cool numbers out:

A scarf = 1 bottle kept out of the landfill
A sweater = 4 bottles put to a better use.
An afghan = 10 bottles not sitting around as waste.



Lots of colors to chose from...I counted over 25! (Sorry the photo doesn't show the color differences very well...but they are different!)

When I found this, I immediately noticed the truth in advertising...it was SO soft! I squished all the yarns on the aisle and the only other softer one was the type used in baby clothes. AND...it was the same price as the Heart brand yarn-$2.57 at my Walmart. I know I've said it before...but I really love it when choosing enviro-friendly products won't dent your pocket book. Makes living the green life so much easier!

Perhaps now I'll have a reason to learn knitting or crochet!

EDIT - 1/11/10
My Walmart store stopped carrying this line of yarn, BUT you can still find it on their website's online store:

No comments:

Post a Comment